Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The Director of Finance will be part of the Finance Team at Fanatics supporting the Fanatics Brands group (the vertical and B2B wholesale division), a leading online retailer of officially licensed sports merchandise. This Finance team has a high level of exposure to executive leadership and to all functional groups within Fanatics. Primary responsibilities include ownership of all forward-looking financial statements including aspects of the income statement and balance sheet and being the first point of contact for all modeling requests to support internal planning and forecasting and external asks directed to Fanatics Brands.
- Work closely with teams within Finance and Accounting and throughout the company to build and maintain detailed current year and long range forecast financial statements.
- Build and maintain models to support planning/forecasting, and the supporting P&L and Balance Sheets.
- Partner with Operations Corporate Finance and other departments with capital expenditure requests to calculate the timing and present value of the related cash flows as justification for the spending.
- Serve as the Fanatics Brands FP&A modeling lead for new decision tools and other ad hoc analyses.
- Function independently with minimal supervision and proactively deliver key projects.
- Develop and present management reporting materials for Operations and Finance leadership.
- Leader providing financial planning oversight and implementing checks and balances with the business to drive accountability.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to create financial statements from ground up.
- High proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with general ledger accounting software.
- Highly analytical with the ability to work independently and manage several simultaneous projects.
- Self-directed, comfort with fast paced environment, must have a problem-solving mindset.
- Strong communication skills necessary to convey data insights.
- Consumer/retail or eCommerce experience is preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required; MBA preferred.
Things We Care About
· Your career growth, your ideas, your work-life balance, and your well-being.
· Diversity and Inclusion
· Our Company Culture and Values
· Providing outstanding Company Perks and Benefits
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
Sorry! This job has expired.