In this role, you will play a pivotal role in tackling data and engineering challenges aimed at enhancing Hopper’s lodging offerings, making Hopper the best place to book hotels and vacation rentals.
This role has a tremendous impact on the vision and success of the company. It’s a unique opportunity to join one of Hopper’s strategic lodging team, and get access to fascinating and massive market and behavioural data sets.
Your main responsibility will revolve around taking charge of our data warehousing, ensuring data accessibility, and delivering insights that will shape our strategic direction.
In this role you will be part of a cross-functional team of product managers, data scientists, and engineers who work closely together to make travel easier and reach millions of users in the process.
What would your day-to-day look like:
- Initiate, Develop, and Maintain Data Pipelines: Independently drive the creation and maintenance of data pipelines crucial for data-driven decision-making. Ensure these pipelines are robust, efficient, and consistently updated to provide real-time insights.
- Data Warehouse Ownership: Take full ownership of our data warehouse, making it an accessible and user-friendly resource for product and commercial teams. Streamline data storage, retrieval, and organization to empower teams with actionable insights.
- KPI Metrics and Reporting Frameworks: Identify, refine, and track key performance indicators (KPIs) critical to assessing business performance. Develop and maintain reporting frameworks that allow for continuous monitoring and reporting of these metrics.
- Core Reporting for Decision-Making: Create and manage core reporting systems that drive both daily operational decisions and long-term strategic ones. Ensure that these reports provide actionable insights and are readily available to relevant stakeholders.
- Revenue Growth Opportunities: By becoming an expert in our data and understanding our customers thoroughly, proactively identify new opportunities for revenue growth. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement strategies that capitalize on these opportunities.
- Autonomy in Problem-Solving: Identify data-related challenges and develop creative solutions independently. Demonstrate a proactive approach to problem-solving and a commitment to data quality and accuracy.
We are looking for someone who has a real bias for action, takes ownership, thrives on autonomy and delivers results.
An ideal candidate has:
- +5 years of experience thriving in a fast pace business intelligence focused role
- A proven track record of solving complex problems with an in-depth understanding of data, product, and business impact
- High attention to detail and ability to create scalable data solutions
- Fluency in using SQL for data creation, maintenance, and analysisExperience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Amplitude, Big Query)
- Demonstrated expertise in maintaining data quality, integrity, and compliance with data governance best practices.
- Worked on a consumer product and has shipped high-impact models at scale
- Strong experience, knowledge of, and/or keen interest in marketplace pricing and inventory.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and critical thinking competencies
- Experience in launching, analyzing, and setting frameworks for A/B tests.
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the leading travel platform globally – powering Hopper’s mobile app, website and our B2B business, HTS (Hopper Technology Solutions). By leveraging massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to bring transparency, flexibility and savings to travelers globally. We have developed several unique fintech solutions that address everything from pricing volatility to trip disruptions – helping people travel better and save more on their trips.
The Hopper platform serves hundreds of millions of travelers globally and continues to capture market share around the world. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the Hopper app has been downloaded over 120 million times and has become largely popular among younger travelers – with 70% of its users being Gen Z and millennials.
While everyone knows us as the Gen Z and Millennial travel app, Hopper has evolved to become much more than that. In recent years, we’ve grown into a global travel agency and travel fintech provider that powers some of the world’s largest brands.
Through HTS, our B2B division, the company supercharges its partners’ direct channels by integrating our fintech products on their sites or powering end-to-end travel portals. Today, our partners include leading travel brands like Capital One, Nubank, Air Canada and many more.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
Comment start Hopper sells billion Comment end s worth of travel and travel fintech every year. In 2023, over 1.3 billion trips were planned through the Hopper app and our HTS partnerships.
Our fintech products – including Price Freeze, Flexibility for Any Reason and Flight Disruption Assistance – have exceptionally strong CSAT because the terms are always clear, and customers receive instant, no-questions-asked resolutions.
Almost 30% of our app customers purchase at least one fintech product when making a booking; and consumers are 1.6x more likely to repurchase if they add fintech to their booking vs if they booked just travel.
Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative, HTS (Hopper Technology Solutions), which represents more than 50% of the business.
Through HTS, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory on their direct channels. As its first HTS partnership, the company partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders. Other HTS partners include Air Canada, Uber, CommBank, Nubank, Flair Airlines with many more in the pipeline.
Featured in Apple’s Best of the App Store list of Essential Travel Apps in 2023 and recognized by the likes of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Hopper has been downloaded over 120 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America and 70% of our app customers are Gen-Z and millennials travelers.
Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
Sorry! This job has expired.