Join a Challenger
Being a traditional bank just isn’t our thing. We are big believers in innovating the banking experience because we believe Canadians deserve better options, and we challenge ourselves and our teams to creatively transform what’s possible in banking. Our team is made up of inquisitive and agile minds that find smarter ways of doing things. If you’re not afraid of taking on big challenges and redefining the future, you belong with us. You’ll get to work with people who will encourage you to reach new heights. We like to keep things fun, ask questions and learn together.
We are a big (and growing!) family. Overall we serve more than 370,000 people across Canada through Equitable Bank, Canada’s Challenger Bank™, and have been around for more than 50 years. Equitable Bank’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Concentra Bank, supports credit unions across Canada that serve more than 5 million members. Together we have over $100 billion in combined assets under management and administration, with a clear mandate to drive change in Canadian banking to enrich people’s lives. Our EQ Bank platform (eqbank.ca) has been named the top Schedule I Bank in Canada on the Forbes World’s Best Banks 2023, 2022, and 2021 lists.
The Event Administrator will assist with event campaigns across all areas of the bank, with a focus on Single Family, Commercial Lending, Deposit Services, and Corporate programs. As part of the Events team, they will be responsible for providing organizational and operational support in the development and execution of a wide variety of event projects, both in-person and digital. This role will have the opportunity to participate in special assignments and projects to enhance personal development and promote career growth.
Administration – 80 %
- Maintains accurate and up‐to‐date records and files for all event management projects.
- Maintains current information in corporate databases for business contacts, consumer databases, sponsors and vendor lists.
- Creates proposals, contracts and invoices for clients, sponsors and vendors.
- Develops event specific organizational tools such as itineraries, event schedules and guest lists.
- Provides research support and completes tasks required for event execution.
- Coordinates marketing request for printed materials, brochures, signage and other marketing pieces.
- Provides key support to overall team operations by planning internal staff meetings, preparing meeting agenda, recording discussions and providing follow up reports.
Event Coordination – 20 %
- Visit venue to plan layout of seating and décor
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Research venue, attend site visits, negotiate and secure event space.
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants.
- Organize inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials
Let’s Talk About You!
- Event or hospitality certification is an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task/manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What we offer [For full-time permanent roles]
💰 Competitive discretionary bonus
✨ Market leading RRSP match program
🩺 Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
📝 Employee Share Purchase Plan
👶🏽 Maternity/Parental top-up while you care for your little one
🏝 Generous vacation policy, personal days and even a moving day
🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow colleagues
🎓 Annual professional development allowance and a comprehensive Career Development program
💛 A fulfilling opportunity to join one of the top FinTechs and help create a new kind of banking experience
The incumbent will be working hybrid and in office time will be spent working from Equitable Bank’s additional office space located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, ON.
Equitable Bank is deeply committed to inclusion. Our organization is stronger and our employees thrive when we honour and celebrate everyone’s diverse experiences and perspectives. In tandem with that commitment, we support and encourage our staff to grow not just in their career path, but personally as well.
We commit to providing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment for all applicants. Please let us know of any accommodations needed so that you can bring your best self to the application process and beyond. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
We can’t wait to get to know you!
Sorry! This job has expired.