Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Fanatics Collectibles is searching for an Account Manager to help grow and develop our Hobby Shops business, a key pillar of our go to market model. The Account Manager will report to the Director of Hobby Sales and will simultaneously own and/or engage with several high-impact initiatives. We are on the forefront of revolutionizing our B2B buying experience, this role can expect to 1) own the stewardship of existing and new hobby accounts, 2) be on the forefront of ‘Direct’ product sales strategy, and 3) be intimately involved in product operations to ensure accuracy, on-time fulfillment, and a positive consumer and shop experience. The ideal candidate is an excellent problem solver and communicator that should be able to easily move between strategic selling and operational execution. Experience leveraging sales data and marketplace trends to develop selling narratives and programs will position this candidate to thrive in the role and grow our industry.
Candidates with a passion for sports, culture, & entertainment will likely find themselves a strong cultural fit. We are open to remote candidates for this role, though some travel will be required.
- Maintain and grow existing relationships with accounts to further generate sales, optimize customer experience, and track business results
- Manage multiple logistics tools (ordering, product release calendars, product sell sheets, account lists) to ensure accurate and timely execution of key programs
- Support larger strategic initiatives to drive increased Hobby Direct sales by owning new account reviews, onboarding, and continuing to drive fulfillment activities
- Build expertise in Fanatics Collectibles hobby products and be up to date on market trends and competitive dynamics impacting the industry
- Collate & summarize business reports and create presentations to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences (peers, senior leaders and/or accounts) on high priority initiatives and programs
- Collaborate with other business managers to scope projects, creatively solve problems, set attainable goals, and track / measure KPIs
- 5-7+ years of work experience, with 4-5+ years of experience in related sales operations positions, account management, and/or project coordination roles
- Consumer packaged goods and/or retail management experience preferred
- Knowledge of trading card environment, including direct sales and distributor environment is a significant advantage
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize, and remain flexible in high pressure dynamic situations
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and maintain both a sense of urgency & good attitude in day-to-day operations and workflows
- Sense of urgency, good attitude and work ethic, quick learner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written/oral) with proven ability to succeed in a team environment and work collaboratively with all internal stakeholders
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint essential; Access and Oracle ERP experience desirable
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.