Planet Technologies, the Nation’s leading Microsoft services provider to the public sector, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing team as Business Analyst. In this role, you will be supporting impactful projects that make a difference for our country.
Qualified candidates will have the ability to work with clients to understand their requirements, assist Product Owners in building, organizing and managing their backlog. They will also serve as the primary member of the Dev Team to organize the sprint backlog, ensure stories are ready for sprint planning, and validates stories throughout a sprint to confirm requirements meet the Product Owners expectations. The Business Analyst will ensure the product/project releases are well defined and communicated to the customer so that all works is visualized and manage customer relationships and expectations and serve as the leader of one or more teams. Candidates must possess an Active Top Secret Clearance.
- Responsible for eliciting requirements from stakeholders and Product Owners to define a complex system.
- Facilitate requirements elicitation sessions, lead conversations regarding requirements exploration and definition throughout the agile process.
- Experienced with a scaled agile approach and Scrum.
- Manage the product backlog defining themes, epics, features and user stories and tracking the backlog to define MVP’s for releases.
- Familiarity with modern requirement elicitation and definition practices such as user story journey, story maps, product posters and roadmaps.
- Take detailed notes on client requirements and translate them into user stories.
- Responsible for the creating and contributing to lifecycle documentation for a system including but not limited to Software Requirements Specification, Installation/Operations Manuals, Vision and Scope, and Software Design Document.
- Responsible for analyzing a problem and/or requirement to ensure root need is defined and understood.
- Determine business processes and define/model these processes to manage communication between the business and dev team.
- Provide advice on the future of SharePoint and how this will affect customer needs in the future.
- Provide SharePoint implementation support.
- Organize and visualize the work to help manage customer expectations and delivery of work.
- Create weekly/monthly status reports for customers and Program Manager to ensure products are on track.
- Be an active member of Agile Development team, including potentially serving as a Product Owner or Scrum Master when needed.
- Business Analyst certification, CSPO or CSM, and/or PMP
- Advanced knowledge and skills in requirements elicitation and definition
- Advanced knowledge of backlog management and user story creation
- Advanced knowledge of Agile principles and Scrum and/or Kanban practices
- Knowledge and experience with SharePoint web parts, lists, and libraries
- Understanding of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent communication skills for customer outreach and marketing
- Excellent writing skills for system documentation, help guides, and marketing materials
- Ability to define and manage a product throughout it’s lifecycle
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Experience: 3-5 years
- Citizenship Requirement: US Citizen
- Clearance Required: Active Top Secret Clearance
- Location: Washington, DC
- Travel: 0%
Planet Technologies is the leading provider of Microsoft Consulting Services to public sector and commercial organizations. Planet has significant experience in deploying business intelligence, cloud services, unified communications, and systems management with an emphasis building, deploying, and managing custom solutions that transform the business operations of federal government agencies.
Planet Technologies does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law. Federal Agency Clearance Requirements may require up to a 10 year background investigation – US Citizenship (clearable) is required.
Join our highly talented team of Microsoft Certified Masters and MVP’s – Visit www.go-planet.com to learn more!