Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
In May 2023, Fanatics Collectibles announced the acquisition of PWCC Marketplace (“PWCC”), one of the world’s largest sports card, memorabilia and collectible auction houses. PWCC is also well-known for their PWCC Vault, a storage facility in Oregon that houses some of the rarest and most valuable sports cards and collectibles in the world.
The Director, Strategy and Operations will be a critical thinker, problem solver and process management expert driving strategic planning and analysis across the PWCC business and ensuring tight integration with Fanatics Collectibles. The role will interface collaboratively with senior leaders across the Company, identify and report on the most important business metrics, frame key strategic questions, and drive the transition of learnings and insights into institutionalized policies, actions, processes and operations. The Director will nurture important relationships and continuously seek areas of improvement across the business to drive ‘smart’ growth. This role will report to the President of PWCC.
- Be a multiplier to Executive Leadership Effectiveness: Partner closely with the President and executive leaders to ensure that key decisions are translated into clear and accountable actions through high-quality written and verbal communication. Challenge decisions by business leaders to ensure that they are driven by substantive analysis and that they align with the strategic and business goals of the company.
- Drive effective business decisions and execution: Provide the analytical, strategic and financial expertise to key leaders at the company to be able to measure and understand the efficacy of business operations, and to make data-driven decisions in evaluating new initiatives that align with the Company’s strategic and financial goals.
- Be a key connection point to the Fanatics Collectibles ecosystem: Develop a deep understanding of the vision for how PWCC fits into the Fanatics’ Collectibles strategy, and build relationships across Collectibles to ensure that PWCC decisions are aligned with the broader strategy.
- Own strategic planning: Be the primary owner of the Company’s end-to-end strategic planning process. Conduct market research to identify emerging business opportunities, model potential scenarios and build business cases. Manage the translation of business strategy deliverables to operational and financial plans by working closely with Finance. Be a trusted partner to senior management.
Core Skills and Capabilities
- Highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident but humble in challenging the status quo to drive excellence.
- Highly facile with data and financial modeling, and the ability to ‘find’ the critical data required to make business decisions.
- Effective in synthesizing information to present clear and actionable ideas and solutions.
- Excellent writing skills that communicate ideas effectively (bias to memos versus slides)
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy or business operations.
- Experience in B2C e-commerce marketplaces, and particularly in the collectibles industry, a plus.
- Prior experience in Strategy, Consulting, Investment Banking or similar roles that required rigorous thinking to drive strategic and business decisions
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.