Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $118,000 per year – $217,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award. *Salary range is listed in USD; ranges will change based on country of residence.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off, and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/.
As a Software Engineer II – Test at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG), you are here to be part of our tools and frameworks team. This role reports to our Director of Engineering and is responsible for leading efforts around defining, implementing, training, and executing against our engineering strategy, creating processes, and building automation tools and frameworks within Fanatics Betting and Gaming. This role will span across the entire breadth of Fanatics Betting and Gaming, playing a key role in ensuring the health and quality of all our platforms and products.
- As a Software Engineer II – Test on this team, you will be helping with test automation and infrastructure development, test new design and architectural choices which have a significant impact on our systems, our business, and most importantly, our customers
- Partner with Engineers, and QA Automation Engineers to define and build scalable, robust automation frameworks & tools & platforms to support web, mobile, API, and performance testing needs across teams
- You will be working with extremely passionate people who care about their customers and want to deliver solutions that improve customer productivity for complex workflows
- Build a world-class automation infrastructure for test automation and CI/CD
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, inside and outside of Engineering, and collaborate with leaders to gather and present testing metrics and activities.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within the Quality Engineering team.
- Must be open to occasional travel to events and Bet Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings.
- Understanding of the test infrastructure and pipeline
- Experience with building, supporting, maintaining, and scaling automation in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with Git, Unix/Linux, Docker, and at least one modern testing framework(like PyTest), and familiar with other common web and mobile testing frameworks.
- Proficient in Python and/or Java development with experience in automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Knowledge of best practices & methodologies for Testing, Automation, and DevOps.
- Demonstrated ability to partner closely with the engineering team and help implement appropriate tools and practices that balance quality with productivity.
- Highly outcome-oriented and data-driven.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Positive and flexible attitude to work in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
- Prior experience in the betting and gaming industry will be a plus
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.