FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
We are looking for an Engineering Lead to be part of Farfetch Platform Solutions (FPS) Frontend team.
You will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast paced environment by leading key development aspects of our platform. You will work with the engineering leadership and product management to design and implement reliable solutions. You’ll be part of a very relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, growing team. You’ll report to the Engineering Manager. If you want to evolve, if you are willing to share knowledge and be part of the growing process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a versatile team of Frontend Engineers;
- Set goals and development targets for the Engineers within the team, support them with feedback and development plans;
- Engage with the Product Managers to build a backlog that contributes to the execution of the roadmap;
- Engage with other FPS teams and support them to drive the implementation of the platform initiatives on our clients;
- Assure the collaboration of the team across different engineering teams/offices and adherence to the defined global engineering best practises.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years leading versatile engineering teams towards goal achievement
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering with a strong focus on Frontend Development
- 3+ years experience in Node development with npm package development
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud technologies.
- 3+ years in CI/CD – preferably Git and Jenkins.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with understanding of all different phases, from creation all the way through implementation and continuous improvement, preferable using Agile methodologies
- Proficient in written and spoken English
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
As an Engineering Lead Frontend you will lead a team responsible for our e-commerce white label solution.