With over 50 stores and the largest avocational cooking program in the US, Sur La Table offers an unsurpassed selection of exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table – and the culinary expertise and inspiration to go along with it. Whether the job entails interacting with our customers, driving digital growth, or providing vital behind-the-scenes support, we’re all here for the same reason – to roll up our sleeves and create happiness through cooking and sharing good food
This position will report into the Senior Planner.
What you get to do every day:
- Create, review and input all purchase orders and order tickets when necessary. Manage auto POs and the monthly/SOQ reorder process.
- Maintain catalog/promotional tracking and ensure merchandise arrives in a timely manner.
- Communicate merchandise commitments to vendor community.
- Proactively track merchandise shipments and maintain purchase order log. Provide daily updates on shipping status. Determine and identify potential issues and propose workable solutions within the team.
- Communicate regularly with warehouse regarding back orders, scheduling and ticketing.
- Proactively maintain backorder log. Anticipate order need and execute store fills or place additional orders when necessary.
- Execute/upload markdowns.
- Work with Foreign Purchasing Coordinator to book/track shipments for direct imports.
- Build spreadsheets using data and complex formulas to report on the requested inventory planning initiatives.
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities, proposing solutions and communicating a unified direction.
- Execute distribution and allocation tactics to support ongoing replenishment and seasonal assortment needs.
- Effectively utilize inventory management systems and Excel spreadsheets. Learns new systems and processes as needed.
- Conduct thorough and detailed analysis of stock levels and trends. Review and replenishes key items weekly, focusing on top and bottom performers.
- Maintain awareness of promotions, in store product demonstrations, Culinary Program curriculum and other activities that may impact stock levels.
- Prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ retail planning experience, preferably in a multi-channel retail or merchandise driven business and/or Allocation.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the merchandise planning field.
- Experience in a SKU intensive retail environment.
- Proficient in Excel and experience extracting data from Query databases.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to independently identify and solve problems.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively interact with and provide information that impacts stock and/or product promotions to internal customers at all levels of the organization.
What’s in it for you:
- Medical/Dental/Vision and a variety of supplemental policies available
- Company 401K match
- Company Health Spending Account (HSA) match
- Company provides group life insurance at no cost
- Paid Holidays
- Birthday off with pay!
- Pet Insurance is available
- Generous employee discounts
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, CSC Generation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact [email protected]