Planet Technologies, the Nation’s leading Microsoft services provider to the public sector, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing team as Senior Project Manager. In this role, you will be supporting impactful projects that make a difference for our country.
Senior Project Managers have excellent technical and management skills to plan and manage large scale technology projects. This position requires the individual to serve as the point of contact and manager of the activities needed to establish multiple projects. The candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to effectively communicate complex technical matters to upper management, as well as users of all levels. The individual must also be able to work well under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize items as needed.
- Define project plans and timelines.
- Balance multiple projects, keep projects on track and under budget.
- Evangelize and execute agile processes and methodology.
- Identify and provide solutions to mitigate constraints and risks in the development process.
- Coach team members on project management processes and best practices.
- Facilitate senior leaders and cross functional teams to make decisions and achieve program objectives.
- Serve as a team facilitator to assist in forming decisions, road maps, and helping groom the backlog.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills to manage a diverse set of stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present concepts to individuals and large groups.
- Ability to serve as a leader to a team.
- Knowledge of SharePoint capabilities (SP 2013, 2016, and SharePoint Online).
- Experience leading technical teams either for software development, operations, or engineering.
- Education: Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience leading large, complex projects and/or programs
- Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Clearance Required: Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Location: Washington, DC – remote
- Travel: Some travel may be required to DC to customer site when needed
Planet Technologies is the leading provider of Microsoft Consulting Services to public sector and commercial organizations. Planet has significant experience in deploying business intelligence, cloud services, unified communications, and systems management with an emphasis building, deploying, and managing custom solutions that transform the business operations of federal government agencies.
Planet Technologies does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law. Federal Agency Clearance Requirements may require up to a 10 year background investigation – US Citizenship (clearable) is required.
Join our highly talented team of Microsoft Certified Masters and MVP’s – Visit www.go-planet.com to learn more!