Planet Technologies, the Nation’s leading Microsoft services provider to the public sector, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing team as Senior SharePoint Developer. In this role, you will be supporting impactful projects that make a difference for our country.
This person would belong to a team of senior developers who assist in building and maintaining SharePoint 2013 business-critical customizations and solutions. This individual will interface directly with the customer and act as their subject matter expert; providing guidance and solutioning to assist in solving complex business problems. The individual would manage a portfolio of products in an Agile manner and provide technical guidance to the customer on complex problems or business processes. Planet is looking to hire individuals who also are ready to take on a large modernization projects which include developing highly scalable, modular, and service-based architectures in SharePoint Online and Azure. To be successful in this role, the individual must be able to self-organize and work independent from the larger development group when necessary. This opportunity must be on-site in Washington, DC.
- Individual must maintain and ensure applications and customizations are reliable, functional, and available to end users.
- Individual must ensure enhancements are correctly defined, estimated, and documented prior to engaging for approval.
- Excellent knowledge of software development best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with Technical Lead / Architects / Program Management.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Experience with Test-driven development and UI component testing.
- Understanding of accessibility requirements and meeting 508 compliance.
- Experience using Azure DevOps to create CI/CD pipelines and manage code repos.
- Experience with performance optimization techniques and development tools such as Lighthouse, axe, WAVE
- Working knowledge of SharePoint 2013. SharePoint 2016 / 2019 and SharePoint Online a plus.
- Working knowledge of designing SharePoint Apps, SharePoint Hosted Apps, and Provider Hosted Apps.
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Experience: 5+ years
- Clearance: Active Top Secret Clearance
- Work Location: 100% On-site in Washington, DC
Planet Technologies is the leading provider of Microsoft Consulting Services to public sector and commercial organizations. Planet has significant experience in deploying business intelligence, cloud services, unified communications, and systems management with an emphasis building, deploying, and managing custom solutions that transform the business operations of federal government agencies.
Planet Technologies does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law. Federal Agency Clearance Requirements may require up to a 10 year background investigation – US Citizenship (clearable) is required.
Join our highly talented team of Microsoft Certified Masters and MVP’s – Visit www.go-planet.com to learn more!