Planet Technologies, the Nation’s leading Microsoft services provider to the public sector, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing team as User Experience Designer (UI/UX). In this role, you will be supporting impactful projects that make a difference for our country.
As the UX/UI Designer for Planet Technologies, you will be responsible for the design, critical thinking, and planning around a user’s experience using our best-in-class suite of applications. You will have the opportunity to deliver UX mockups and prototypes and will develop application structure, task-flow, and final interface design for multiple Federal government customers.
- Experience creating and developing websites for the federal government; experience in storyboarding, prototyping and sketching as well as modern design standards. Experience in developing usable prototyping and working in an agile team delivering product and coordinating with developers.
- Utilize a user-centric approach to developing solutions that are simple, effective, and bring delight to our customers.
- Design and deliver solutions to problems within industry-leading applications.
- Contribute to and enable the delivery of UX deliverables including wireframes, prototypes, and designs.
- Create high-fidelity mockups of innovative, usable, and consistent user interfaces based on business requirements.
- Combine interface design concepts with digital design and establish milestones to encourage cooperation and teamwork.
- Conduct testing of sample applications, websites and software to assess user experience and ease of design.
- Use recent studies and findings to establish the best overall design elements to include in UX design experiences.
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs to accurately convey project plans to clients and senior management.
- Create surveys for research through various media platforms to gather feedback on user’s ease of use and satisfaction interfacing on company websites and products.
- Experience doing both UI/UX/Product design as well as graphic design and are willing to do a mix of both.
- Ability to understand complicated product features as well as tech and business limitations and requirements to translate these into design specifications.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design.
- Continued education and research into UX trends and current design strategy and technologies.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces for clients.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills when communicating with customers and clients.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
- Account for challenges using problem-solving skills and seek to optimize data for the best possible outcome.
- Experience creating storyboards and website mapping.
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Experience: 3-5+ years
- Clearance: Active Top Secret Clearance
- Work Location: Onsite Work is in Alexandria, VA
Planet Technologies is the leading provider of Microsoft Consulting Services to public sector and commercial organizations. Planet has significant experience in deploying business intelligence, cloud services, unified communications, and systems management with an emphasis building, deploying, and managing custom solutions that transform the business operations of federal government agencies.
Planet Technologies does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law. Federal Agency Clearance Requirements may require up to a 10 year background investigation – US Citizenship (clearable) is required.
Join our highly talented team of Microsoft Certified Masters and MVP’s – Visit www.go-planet.com to learn more!