Planet Technologies, the Nation’s leading Microsoft services provider to the public sector, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing team as UX Researcher. In this role, you will be supporting impactful projects that make a difference for our country.
- Design and implement user research plans, administering various research methods to collect both qualitative and quantitative data to gain insight into user needs, challenges and pain points throughout all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Convey research findings, analytics data and actionable insights to the Web Team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with designers, developers and content specialists to integrate user insights into the product development process, including but not limited to content development, design reviews and quality assurance reviews.
- Demonstrate a deep empathy for users and an ability to advocate for their needs, preferences and experience to the Chesapeake Bay Program.
- Experience with gathering information and requirements for a system’s interface; involved with sketching and prototyping, experience with human-centered design practices and science, experienced in modern design and experience practices and those applicable to government sites such as US Digital Design Standards and 508 Compliance.
- Strong understanding of a wide range of human-centered research and design-thinking methodologies, techniques, principles and best practices.
- Proven track record designing and implementing user research studies, administering various research methods tailored to project requirements and research participants, and presenting research findings, test results and actionable insights.
- Proficiency in tools that support research, data analysis, prototyping and testing.
- Experience including disabled users in the research process and implementing accessible and inclusive solutions a plus.
- Strong desire to iteratively improve product design and development in order to create exceptional user experiences.
- Working knowledge of design principles and ability to evaluate user interfaces and inform the design and development process.
Planet Technologies is the leading provider of Microsoft Consulting Services to public sector and commercial organizations. Planet has significant experience in deploying business intelligence, cloud services, unified communications, and systems management with an emphasis building, deploying, and managing custom solutions that transform the business operations of federal government agencies.
Planet Technologies does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law. Federal Agency Clearance Requirements may require up to a 10 year background investigation – US Citizenship (clearable) is required.
Join our highly talented team of Microsoft Certified Masters and MVP’s – Visit www.go-planet.com to learn more!