Appen is a leader in AI enablement for critical tasks such as model improvement, supervision, and evaluation. To do this we leverage our global crowd of over one million skilled contractors, speaking over 180 languages and dialects, representing 130 countries. In addition, we utilize the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform to collect and label various types of data like images, text, speech, audio, and video.
Our data is crucial for building and continuously improving the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems and Appen is already trusted by the world’s largest technology companies. Now with the explosion of interest in generative AI, Appen is helping leaders in automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products.
At Appen, we are purpose driven. Our fundamental role in AI is to ensure all models are helpful, honest, and harmless, so we firmly believe in unlocking the power of AI to build a better world. We have a learn-it-all culture that values perspective, growth, and innovation. We are customer-obsessed, action-oriented, and celebrate winning together.
At Appen, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
An exciting opportunity exists to participate in the development of in-car safety technology enhanced with machine learning!
* Supervise in-car video recording sessions
* Perform equipment and carchecks ahead of each recording
* Prepare and instruct participants on how to carry out tasks
* Complete some data management activities such as data backup, record metadata & data quality control
* You must be a fluent English speaker
* Good people management skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to follow instructions
* Attention to details
* Tolerance for repetition
* Technical savvy (experience with MS Office and especially Excel, confident with electronic equipment, basic data management skills)
* Multicultural awareness
* The recording supervisor will be asked to do some recruitment/scheduling tasks for the project
* Prior experience working with our DC (Data Collection) projects is preferred but not essential.
* Must have work rights to work in Australia
* Must have a full driver’s licence and be over the age of 21
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle with more than 25 years’ experience in data sourcing, annotation, and model evaluation. Through our expertise, platform, and global crowd, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence products with speed and at scale. Appen maintains the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform and boasts a global crowd of more than 1 million contributors worldwide, speaking more than 235 languages. Our products and services make Appen a trusted partner to leaders in technology, automotive, finance, retail, healthcare, and government. Appen has customers and offices globally.