At WHOOP, we’re on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will develop and troubleshoot processes, support the ramp of manufacturing, and ensure high quality and efficiency from prototype builds through production, partnering closely with the Mechanical, Electrical, Supply Chain, and factory teams. You are experienced in DFX, process design and validation, fixture and equipment design, and are no stranger to being hands-on at the factory.
- Drive manufacturing technical readiness, process development, documentation, optimization, and validation
- Tactically manage factory teams and partners with the design and qualification of fixtures and equipment, providing data driven methodologies for when to leverage automation versus manual assembly
- Execute DFX throughout development and production
- Ensure processes meet product specification requirements and are verified via process control
- Exercise Lean Six Sigma methodology to drive continuous improvement efforts for quality, efficiency, cycle time, and cost
- Define and conduct DOEs and FA to resolve manufacturing issues; using DMAIC, 8D, or other structured problem solving methodologies to drive to root cause and implement corrective actions
- Drive cross-functional work on rapid development cycles while continuously evaluating options for optimal form, fit, and function
- Provide clear project status and issue tracking reports regarding development progress
- Coordinate parallel path efforts as contingency planning for high-risk milestones
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or a related technical field
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience with moderate to high volume consumer electronics
- Experience with ultrasonic welding, adhesives, heat staking, and assembly of small battery powered electronics utilizing both automated and manual processes
- Demonstrated understanding of injection molded plastic part principles, defect modes, and process qualification
- Understanding of GD&T principles to define and evaluate process quality
- Proven track record qualifying manufacturing processes and troubleshooting issues on the factory floor
- Proficiency in SolidWorks with best practices for fixture design
- Impeccable organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Experience effectively communicating with engineering, manufacturing, and external partners and contractors in a CM/JDM model
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.